Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lost in a Dream

Last weekend me and the mom and the bro went to Jamestown for the 400th anniversary celebration. It was a fun trip. We saw James Earl Jones, Ricky Scaggs, Bruce Hornsby, Chaka Khan, and Governor Kaine (although I’m more a fan of his wife Anne - partly because of her name and partly because she has a great dad who I have been singing about since I could sing). Anyway, the day at Jamestown was great! We lucked out and got VIP passes to the Hornsby concert which totally rocked.

But the greatest moment came later on that night. We’re cruising back to the 757 in the Hoopty Van (that’s the name I bestowed on my mom’s minivan when I was in high school. She has a new van now, but the name has carried forward). So we’re rolling along and it’s pretty quiet in the van when all of the sudden I hear from the back seat… "Straight up now tell me do you really wanna love me forever, oh oh ohhh. or am I caught in a hit and run?"

I just about died. It was my 26 year old brother bustin' out the Paul Abdul. For no reason. Except that he's awesome.

We sang Paula all the way home.

No comments: