Thursday, May 10, 2007

100 Hours*

That's how long it has been since I last applied chapstick to my lips. And for those of you who know me, you know that this is a miracle that has only occurred by the grace of God. I am a major chapstick addict. I apply it approximately 3 times an hour, and I've been known to hyperventilate when I don't have any within arms length.

According to my friend Janelle, it will take 3 weeks for my lips to heal themselves. Right now they are dry and red and cracked and downright funky, but I'm still alive and that's what matters. The first two days were pretty painful, but since yesterday, I haven't been thinking about it much. I keep listening to the Lincoln Brewster song "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord." Call me crazy, but just singing that chorus in my head instead of thinking about chapstick has really helped. Yay God!

I wonder if the Salvation Army takes unused tubes of chapstick? If I really break free of this addiction, I've got about 10 unopened tubes that will need a new home.

*I had too many titles to choose from for this post. I almost called it "Revive our Lips"; a play on Nancy Leigh DeMoss' Revive our Hearts ministry but didn't know if anyone would get it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah...anne, you're so funny!
Did you give into Janelle's litte "no chapstick" rule? Well, i'm the same as you were...i need chapstick at arm's length or closer all the time. Currently i only have three opened - one in my bathroom, one on my desk at work and one in my purse. Of course when i'm in bed i steal Will's - he is an addict too.