Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ann has been letting me down.

Maybe it’s because she doesn’t spell her name with an “e”?? For the past several years I have shopped almost exclusively at the AT and the ATL (as I like to affectionately call them). Lately I have not been able to find much of anything that flatters me. I always leave there thinking I would give you people all my money if you would just supply me with something that fits but alas, no luck.

So this Monday I went shopping and stopped first in both of the AT's. Nothing. Then I went to Macy's and discovered Michael Kors. Thank the Lord! I found a shirt that is way more stylish than anything I normally wear and it fit me. So I bought two. I also tried on a MK jean skirt. Didn’t get it, but it reminded me of how great it would be to have a cute jean skirt for the summer so finding one became my new mission. I stopped in the Gap and AE and realized that jean skirts these days are about 10 inches long from the waist. I can totally relate to Christine’s post about feeling too old for some of these stores. So I continued on to BR and was headed to Guess when I noticed the Tommy Hilfiger store. I’d never been in a Tommy store (other than the outlet) and thought it might be a little pricey, but after the MK purchase I figured I’d moved up a bit in the fashion world, so Tommy would be perfect. And he didn’t let me down. I found the perfect jean skirt (simple and at the knee) and it was 83% off. Yeah I know. The original price was $168 and it was marked down to $39.99 but then rang up for $29.99. Craziness! Best shopping day evah!!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweetness! isn't it the best when you are able to find something that's just *perfect* and it's at a super low price? :)
I'm sorry to hear about the disaapointments with some of the other stores though. If it makes you feel any better I've never been quote able to wear anything from AT. They just never fit right.