Monday, February 11, 2008

Come on Baby Light My Fire...

was the song my dentist serenaded me with today. Last time it was "You are so beautiful, to me..." Freaks me out, but makes me laugh at the same time. He plays this oldies/easy listening station in his office and he sings along with the songs the whole time while he is working on your teeth. I appreciated it at my first few visits because I am a song singer alonger type of person and I always like when people feel comfortable just being themselves. I would totally sing along too, but he's poking at my gums until they bleed and that doesn't make for the best singing circumstances. So I just sit there and try not to choke when I force myself to hold back the laughter. Anyway, it's gotten wierd the last two times because the songs have been all love-ish and I kind of expect him to stop singing because Wierd! But he doesn't. And it doesn't seem to bother him one bit. At least when he's not singing he talks a lot about his wife and kids so I'm pretty sure he's a solid guy. So I think I'm ok with it. Just hoping "Unchained Melody" doesn't start playing during my next visit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's really funny Anne. Well..sounds like your visits to your dentist at least is entertaining :)

Rachel said...

Gina's dentist likes to give her a forehead kiss at the end of the appointment, so it could be weirder. Just sayin'.

Unknown said...

Wow, I thought him singing "Afternoon Delight" would be creepy, but a kiss on the forehead is just plain CRAZY.