Wednesday, September 20, 2006

"Would you please serve us by serving somewhere else!"

I have a feeling this phrase will catch on better than Donald Trump’s “You’re Fired!”

Oh how I love Sovereign Grace Ministries! These guys just crack me up (and man can they bring the truth!) CJ Mahaney rocks! My friends and I joke (although maybe we shouldn’t joke about these things) that first we asked Jesus into our hearts and then we asked CJ in. The man can preach it like no one else, and he always points the listener/reader back to the gospel. If you’ve never read The Cross Centered Life I highly recommend it.

So back to the funniness: According to Tim Challies’ website, it looks like CJ is looking for a new successor.

Here’s an excerpt from Challies’ blog:

Gaithersburg, MD - From Sovereign Grace Ministries, based in Gaithersburg, Maryland, comes news of an exciting new competition. Throughout the Fall, Sovereign Grace Ministries (SGM) will travel the length and width of America, visiting malls and megachurches across the nation seeking The Successor®.

Find the rest of this hysterical post here:

http://www.challies.com/archives/002092.php

No comments: